Crystalmir Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:.

2 posters

Go down

Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Empty Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:.

Post by Scarlet-Avatar Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:42 am

"Lustria" (Birth name: Alycia Shai'reli) .:{Water Elementalist/Tribal "Elemental"}:.

Race: Hydralii
Blood Type: O-
Height: 5’5"
Weight: 111 lbs.

Description:
A young Hydralii .....woman.... with a bright blue frill of sorts, smooth yellow-green scales & two long antenna the same color as her scales. Her tongue is forked like a snake and flits between fang-like teeth. Like all Hydralii, her body build is lithe and built for speed over strength, accompanied by a ropey prehensile tail that looks more like an extension of the spine covered in scales then anything else. Her hands are simply two claw-like "fingers" and a similar thumb, all webbed, and her feet are almost identical. She has gills just below her rib cage and on her neck, and noticeably lacks the human signs of being female (ie. boobs) but still has curves. Her nose is also non-existent.
She is wearing a dark grey hoodie with the slogan 'Crystalmir Corporation' on it, a pair of safety goggles hanging around her neck, a silver bracelet, a spiked leather belt with suspenders and a dark green wetsuit. She seems to be familiar somehow. The air around her smells salty, like the sea.

Character Notes:

Body: 5
Mind: 5
Soul: 6
Health Points: 55
Energy Points: 75
Shock Value: 11
Combat Value: 5
Defense Value: 3

Attributes:
(2) Energy Bonus - 2 cp
(1) Gun Bunny .:{Quick Draw}:. - 1 cp
(2) Feature Attribute .:{Gills, Prehensile Tail}:. - 2 cp

(1) Special Defense .:{Poison/Toxins}:. - 1 cp
(2) Mechanical Genius - 4 cp
(1) Natural Weapons .:{Claws}:. - 1 cp
(2) Highly Skilled - 2 cp
(1) Heightened Senses .:{Sight}:. - 1 cp
(1) Magic (Acidic Water) - 4 cp

----- (1) Special attack .:{Acid Rain - Ability: Penetrating (Armor), Area Effect, Disability: Extra Energy, Extra Energy, Static}:. - 4 pp, uses 16 EP, deals 30 damage

----- (1) Special attack .:{"Arhi's Wrath" Thunderbolt - Ability: Stun}:. - 8 pp, uses 8 EP, causes 15 damage

----- () - 2 pp

(1) Magic (Servant) - 4 cp

----- (3) Servant - 6 pp

"Reeburr" .:{Aquatic Servitor that takes the form of a wolf-sized lizard}:.

Body: 5 Mind: 4 Soul: 4
HP: 45 - EP: 40 - SV: 9
CV: 4 - ACV: 4 - DCV: 2

Attributes:
(1) Feature Attribute .:{Gills}:. - 1 cp
(2) Natural Weapons .:{Claws, Serrated Teeth}:. - 1 cp

Defects:

(1) Phobia .:{Flight}:.

Skills:
(2) Swimming - 2 sp
(2) Unarmed Attack - 8 sp
(2) Unarmed Defense - 8 sp

----- (2) Servant - 4 pp

"Kai", a Naiad that takes the shape of a small reptile

Body: 2 Mind: 3 Soul: 2
HP: 20 - EP: 25 - SV: 4
CV: 2 - ACV: 2 - DCV: 0

Attributes:
(1) Art of Distraction – 1 cp
(1) Feature Attribute .:{Gills}:. - 1 cp
(1) Heightened Senses .:{Sight}:. - 1 cp
(1) Stealth - 1 cp
(1) Jumping – 1 cp

Defects:

(1) Easily Distracted .:{Small, shiny things}:.
(2) Phobia .:{Birds}:.

Skills:
(2) Acrobatics - 4 sp
(2) Burglary - 4 sp
(2) Swimming - 2 sp
(1) Unarmed Attack - 4 sp
(1) Unarmed Defense - 4 sp

Defects:
(2) Marked .:{Full list: Webbed hands/feet, prehensile tail, antenna, slightly different body shape, }:.
(1) Easily Distracted .:{Machinery}:.
(2) Phobia .:{Pyrophobia - seeing uncontrolled fires (EG. not a blowtorch) will render her mostly paralyzed in fear}:.

Combat Skills:
(1) Unarmed Attack - 4 sp
(2) Archery - 6 sp

Non-Combat Skills:
(2) Swimming - 2 sp
(2) Acrobatics - 4 sp
(2) Mechanics - 4 sp with attribute bonus added in
(1) Electronics – Attribute bonus only

Character Description & Background:

Last edited by Scarlet-Avatar on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:32 am; edited 22 times in total
Scarlet-Avatar
Scarlet-Avatar
Supervisor
Supervisor

Number of posts : 63
Timezone/Location : Locked up in my mind, waiting to be freed... (Timezone EST / +10:00)
Character Name : Lustria
Character Class : Elementalist
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Character sheet
Health Points:
Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Left_bar_bleue60/60Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Empty_bar_bleue  (60/60)
Energy Points:
Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Left_bar_bleue90/90Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Empty_bar_bleue  (90/90)

http://www.nexuswar.com/characters/view.do?characterID=126063

Back to top Go down

Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Empty Re: Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:.

Post by Illiastre Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:25 am

Welcome to the corporation Scarlet and thank you for joining in the RPG section. First post Razz

Will be calculating your CP now and will get back to you. I'm also wondering if you are familiar with paper and pen RPG... are you?

Ok I'm back. As of the present you have 6CP (character points) and 6SP (skill points) pending. I suggest you spend them now or say farewell to them. I wont let unspent CP banked anymore, also character advancement is expensive CP wise. Better to get the attributes now than paying for it double.

On a note, the dark secret defect have repercussions on the character if the secret is found out, I'd have you create the repercussion for your character. With phobia, I believe it might be best to get a different phobia not related to your dark secret. Also note that at phobia level 2, this will hamper the character extremely when the phobia is encountered. Its either a phobia frequently encountered or a phobia that gives extreme disadvantages when the phobia is encountered. If you wish to keep the phobia, your character description and background will determine what the causes of the phobia and its relevance to the character.

Based on your build I'm sure your character have an excellent story to tell and I'm itching to read your character background.

Illiastre
Project Manager
Project Manager

Number of posts : 314
Timezone/Location : +8
Character Name : Augustus Hannibal La Faye
Character Class : Seraph
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Character sheet
Health Points:
Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Left_bar_bleue70/70Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Empty_bar_bleue  (70/70)
Energy Points:
Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Left_bar_bleue50/50Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Back to top Go down

Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Empty Re: Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:.

Post by Illiastre Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:30 am

Greetings,

Calculating your CP, everything is in equilibrium. Its balanced. Some inconsistencies though.

The features attribute gives you a bonus on certain things, nothing too big but something that helps the character. Gills help you breath underwater. What bonus does fins and the tail give you? You can have fins and tails for free, as long as they don't give any kind of bonus to the character.

Special Movement: Cat-like. When you fall from an elevated position you take less damage. This is what this attribute does.

Your marked defect will be hard to hide at level 2. Even if you have the disguise skill.

Phobia 1. I'm gonna half to ask you to change this, I don't think your Kraken is likely to appeal in the nexus.

Concerning magic, it looks kinda loopy. As a guide to doing this, think of an element. From that element, think of ways of what you can do with that element. e.g. Force field is fine, you create a waterball to shield you from harm. Blood-boil doesn't really with into the water category unless you change this into a water element attack.

If you want blood-boil you need to purchase the magic attribute another time. Purchase attribute twice and not level up.

Healing and Regeneration would be in another magic tab, as these are based on arcane fluff or bio-magic. Appearance can go here as you contort your form into something more appealing, the appearance attribute decides how good looking your character is. But you're still a scaled, and fishy based on the marked defect.

If we're going to use fluff as a basis, how did your character get flight?

Background Story: Based on what I've read, your character hails from a race on a different dimension. If we're playing another type of game I'd be ok with this but we are following fluff taken from NW, the nexus takes its soldiers from the souls of the dead to wage battle, I don't think the nexus will take creatures from inter-dimensional realities. I would allow if the character was from an evolved species of humanity that is secretly living underwater, unknown to the humans above. Atlanteans is some way.

Illiastre
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character sheet
Health Points:
Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Left_bar_bleue70/70Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Empty_bar_bleue  (70/70)
Energy Points:
Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Left_bar_bleue50/50Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet-Avatar Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:25 am

I've sketched out a pic of Lustria now, so I've worked out a bit better of how to do things.

The tail (not so much the fins) would probably help with swimming faster underwater and possibly balance on land.

The marked defect....I understand would be reaaaaally hard to hide. But, in the sketch, she has fins coming out of her back wing-style, tail, fins on her lower arms and legs as well as fin-like ears. So, I fully understand that it would be hard to hide. All the more fun in my opinion XD

I'll probably substitute Disguise for something else, likewise with the healing/appearance magics. I modified the magic a lot, and....yeah. Good news, she no longer has flight, blood boil or healing crap. Bad news, she now has a servant which I may need help with, and the forcefield/appearance thing is now in attributes proper.

As for her history.....I kinda had it that she was from the story I am writing, which is staged in a world a faiiiiir bit different from earth. Humans are in it, but they ain't the main race of the world. Sadly, I need the other 5 main races of the world to make her history work Sad

I edited it, and tell me what you think so far. Sorry for all the trouble
Scarlet-Avatar
Scarlet-Avatar
Supervisor
Supervisor

Timezone/Location : Locked up in my mind, waiting to be freed... (Timezone EST / +10:00)

Character sheet
Health Points:
Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Left_bar_bleue60/60Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Empty_bar_bleue  (60/60)
Energy Points:
Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Left_bar_bleue90/90Lustria .:{In Progress/Waiting For Approval}:. Empty_bar_bleue  (90/90)

Back to top Go down

Post by Illiastre Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:49 am

Greetings Scarlet,

Sorry for the delay in my reply, was kinda busy IRL.
Anyway to recap things, you have 1CP banked with your new character build. Everything is a-ok except for a few questions and clarifications.

Your water servant doesn't have stats and skills.
You have an innate power to cast force fields, I'm wondering why they don't cost EP to cast. We need to discuss why this is possible. Because force fields and heavy armor are uber if they are innate to the character. I need a very good background story for this else add this to your Magic attribute.

Note: You may want to buy the magic skill independently for your servant attribute, when you max the magic attribute to six. You can't add any more modifications to your servant.

I badly need your character description and background, the reason for this is I want players to connect to their characters and not treat them as random numbers in a piece of paper. It also helps how other players and your GM interact with your character.

Additional Notes: As a fan of WH40k, I recommend Dan Abnett's books, they kick arse. Dark Heresy and the Inquisitor's handbook is sweet, but you need added info to truly be in-depth in the game. Razz

Illiastre
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character sheet
Health Points:
Energy Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet-Avatar Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:37 am

There was a post here from October. I deleted it 'cuz its now meaningless XD

Ok, major revisions, but its not done. I've dumped her history to restart, as I've decided to go a slightly different way with her. Most of her physical features (scales, tail, gills, antenna, etc.) are racial features and are explained in her Species' history. However, she is a variant of human now...they just split off a long time ago (Currently thinking mid 900's with mutating effects involved somewhere.)

I've written out her servants & magic as best I can. If I've missed anything there, point it out and I'll fix it up.

Also, I'm coloring a picture of how she looks. As soon as its done, is it OK to post it in the profile as a description of appearance?

Other then that, I'm nearly done.
Scarlet-Avatar
Scarlet-Avatar
Supervisor
Supervisor

Character sheet
Health Points:
Energy Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down