Crystalmir Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread)

+3
Fenrisulfr
Dissident
Kamalia Timandre
7 posters

Go down

Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread)

Post by Kamalia Timandre Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:32 am

Owned by a Megacorp Free will has little meaning for a character that is owned by a megacorp. Dire consequences awaits the character whose actions conflict with the mandate of the owning corporation.
BP 1 Megacorp has partial ownership on the character
BP 2 Kamalia owns your ass!

You guys are nuts. Razz

Edit: I see a dragon below my avatar. >=E Who did this!?
Kamalia Timandre
Kamalia Timandre
CEO
CEO

Number of posts : 79
Timezone/Location : +8:00 GMT
Character Name : Kamalia Crystalmir
Character Class : Wizard
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Character sheet
Health Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue0/0Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue0/0Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty Re: Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread)

Post by Dissident Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:08 pm

I don't see it Surprised
Dissident
Dissident
Board of Directors
Board of Directors

Number of posts : 279
Timezone/Location : +8 GMT
Character Name : Flimsy
Character Class : Divine Champion
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Character sheet
Health Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue70/70Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (70/70)
Energy Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue55/55Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (55/55)

https://crystalmir.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty Re: Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread)

Post by Fenrisulfr Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:12 pm

Kamalia Timandre wrote:Edit: I see a dragon as my avatar. >=E Who did this!?
Fix'd
Fenrisulfr
Fenrisulfr
Totally Random
Totally Random

Number of posts : 184
Timezone/Location : GMT +10

Character sheet
Health Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue120/120Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)
Energy Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue120/120Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dissident Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:37 pm

I think Loddus fits that bill...

also Aug: can you make your char so i have a guideline Razz
Dissident
Dissident
Board of Directors
Board of Directors

Character sheet
Health Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue70/70Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (70/70)
Energy Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue55/55Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (55/55)

Back to top Go down

Post by Illiastre Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:54 pm

Will post a sample character under character creation process. Will need your participation in this, this is YOUR (a collaboration of different people) idea anyway. I'm just a lowly scribe Razz

Illiastre
Project Manager
Project Manager

Number of posts : 314
Timezone/Location : +8
Character Name : Augustus Hannibal La Faye
Character Class : Seraph
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Character sheet
Health Points:
Energy Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue50/50Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dissident Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:37 am

I'm trying to make a character Razz
Dissident
Dissident
Board of Directors
Board of Directors

Character sheet
Health Points:
Energy Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zac Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:37 am

I have a question related to abilities/skills. My character will have the Mechanical Genius ability at level 3, which gives +1/level skill (+3 total) in both Mechanics & Electrical.

Would this bonus go toward my character's maximum value on the two related skills (Level 3)? Or would this be an additional bonus that stacks with purchased skill increases? (Effectively making both skills Level 6 if maxed out at character creation)

Another thought, if this doesn't go towards maximum value, then it would be possible to rise beyond Level 6 (Grandmaster) ability, which I assume should not be possible. (Level 12 equivalent if both Ability and skills are maxed at level 6)
Zac
Zac
Supervisor
Supervisor

Number of posts : 93
Timezone/Location : EST/ Ft Jackson, South Carolina USA
Character Name : Zacharius
Character Class : Shepard
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Character sheet
Health Points:
Energy Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Illiastre Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:58 am

Mechanical Genius - 2/level

The character has an innate knack for creating, modifying, and working with complex machines. Unlike someone who is well skilled in a particular skill, the character with Mechanical Genius is a natural, and is able to flip through a manual for an advanced technology mecha in 30 seconds and figure out a way to repair the machine in an hour or so. Every 2, levels of Mechanical Genius (round up) also adds a +1 level to the Electronics AND Mechanical Skill. A character with this attribute can also build gadgets at an astonishing rate, provided he has the appropriate parts and facilities. In game terms, he can modify existing mecha, personal gear, or technology based items of power as long as the overall point total is unchanged.

Lvl 1 - The character can repair damage to machines or build things at 2x normal speed. Mechanical AND Electronic Skill +1

Lvl 2 - The character can repair damage to machines or build things at 5x normal speed.

Lvl 3 - The character can repair damage to machines or build things at 10x normal speed. Mechanical AND Electronic Skill +2

Lvl 4 - The character can repair damage to machines or build things at 20x normal speed.

Lvl 5 - The character can repair damage to machines or build things at 50x normal speed. Mechanical AND Electronic Skill +3

Lvl 6 - The character can repair damage to machines or build things at 100x normal speed.

I nerfed the skill a bit with the original post, upon further study I'm reverting it back. I omitted some attributes as well, those that doesn't fit the theme of NW, I'm analyzing what I've scribed so far. Thanks for the heads up.

"Would this bonus go toward my character's maximum value on the two related skills (Level 3)" <-- No. This would be a synergy bonus if you take Mechanical, Electronics or both.

On another note: For now I don't consider any existence of mecha in NW or the creation of it. Though I'm tempted with the Iron Juggernaut. Also adding the Attribute Item of Power, and maybe find a way to use it as enchanting in NW or simple creating items of power with technological origins.

Illiastre
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character sheet
Health Points:
Energy Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue50/50Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Back to top Go down

Post by Escutcheon Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:22 pm

Does the linked calculator in the guide work with creating characters here?
Escutcheon
Escutcheon
Project Manager
Project Manager

Number of posts : 417
Timezone/Location : Manila GMT+8
Character Name : Escutcheon
Character Class : Lightspeaker
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Character sheet
Health Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue45/45Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (45/45)
Energy Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Illiastre Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Yes, but do remember to adjust the CP to 35 and set the genre to "Modern Military" for this adjust the cost of skills.

Illiastre
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character sheet
Health Points:
Energy Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by space butler Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:38 am

this seems rather complicated...

*attempts to wrap head around it*

space butler
Supervisor
Supervisor

Number of posts : 92
Timezone/Location : GMT
Character Name : an angsty foxgirl
Character Class : Elementalist
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Character sheet
Health Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue19/45Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (19/45)
Energy Points:
Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Left_bar_bleue27/75Crystalmir Corporation Roleplaying Discussion ( OOC thread) Empty_bar_bleue  (27/75)

Back to top Go down

Post by Illiastre Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:09 pm

To be honest, I haven't encountered an RPG system that was at first glance easy to understand. It takes a bit of reading and actual gameplay to fully comprehend the rules. In all fairness, the BESM system was an easier read for me next to the other systems.

If you're interested in the BESM tri-stat system, do support them as we are using the BESM 2nd edition rules. The 3rd edition is out and they've probably fixed some glitches in this version. And please note, I am not in any way affiliated to ANY RPG publishing company. I'm just giving them credit for their hard work, creativity and support. BESM is a good beginner to intermediate system for those learning to play RPG or for those already familiar to the tabletop RPG systems.

While I'm at it, go support all RPG publishers if you can. They help harness your creativity and gives excellent entertainment in the form of paper and pen. All you need imagination and a world for your characters live in.

Illiastre
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character sheet
Health Points:
Energy Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Illiastre Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:48 pm

Double Post. Greetings, I've been kinda busy but I would like to comment that the RP thread is not dead. Before the sample adventure began, I already have 2-3 adventures running inside my head. I do apologize that I haven't have the time to continue with the role playing goodness because of some time constraints on my behalf.

I plan to join a small contest, and if everything goes well, the organizers will invite for the third time the most talented writer named Neil Gaiman to judge the said event (which I am a great fan of). I'm done with my prose, perhaps some more tweaks here and there for I don't have a proofreader and currently making a short 12 page comic book. I apologize if I am taking too long but I am solo in producing the content (Peciler, Inker, Writter, Letterer and whatever) which I want everything to be original (even the fonts).

In short. The RP thread will be back.

Illiastre
Project Manager
Project Manager

Character sheet
Health Points:
Energy Points:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down